Saturday 5 July 2014

3 day Jessie Toy Story cake process

So as you know from my last post I like to take progress shots of all my cakes. I work around a 3 day schedule for each cake.

Last month I made a Toy Story cake for my boyfriends niece who was turning 2. She is obsessed with Toy Story so I knew she would love this Jessie the cowgirl inspired cake.

I had a slight disaster with this cake. I was trying out a coconut ganache (made with coconut milk instead of cream so it was dairy free) and for some reason, as soon as I put the fondant on the ganache started to ooze a horrible clear fluid and the fondant pretty much just slid off it. Not ideal. It was another one of those cakes that I wanted to throw at the wall but I took a few deep breaths and got back to it and it turned out ok in the end.

Here is the 3 day process.

This cake was a 5" double barrel chocolate cake made for a 2 year old who is obsessed with Toy Story. It is inspired by Jessie the cowgirl from Toy Story. It features a cowprint board, rope trim, rope name and a cowgirl hat on the top made from rice krispie treats.
3 day process Jessie the cowgirl cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment