Saturday 5 July 2014

3 day process 1920's flapper cake

I like to take process photos of each of my cakes to show the customer how their cake was made. I work around a 3 day schedule, baking and crumbcoating on day 1, covering the cake and board in fondant on day 2 and stacking and decorating on day 3.

I havent seen many people post progress shots of their cakes but I thought it was a nice way to show how my cakes get made and I also hope it makes it look more achievable for other budding cake makers.

After I launched in May, this was my first order. A 1920's flapper inspired cake. The customer provided me with her husbands pocket watch, a brooch and some pearls. The couple were celebrating a combined 90th birthday (he was turning 50, she was turning 40).

process 1920's flapper cake. crumbcoating, covering with fondant and the finished cake featuring feathers, lace and pearls.
3 day process on the 1920's inspired cake

No comments:

Post a Comment