Wednesday 16 July 2014

Captain America Cake

Last week I worked on 2 cakes. I think the Captain America cake was by far my favourite thing Ive made in a while.

The brief was for a 4th of July/American themed cake for 2 little boys so I immediately thought of Captain America. Their mum thought the idea of having the shield design viewed from above was really clever :) I was chuffed that she'd noticed Id sneaked his shield in there.

A tall 5" chocolate cake and 7" vanilla cake decorated with stars and stripes and a twisted red and white edge.
Captain America Cake

Viewed from the top, the cake is designed to look like Captain America shield with a large white star in the middle and rings of red, white and blue
Captain America cake top view
This is a taller than standard cake made up of a 5" chocolate cake and a 7" vanilla cake.

And the verdict?

"Cake was devoured, kids and adults were blown away by the design. First kids party we've held where there hasnt been a scrap of cake leftover, I managed to grab a bite and Oh My God, the taste!! Gorgeous! Thanks so much, it was a brilliant finale to the party."

No comments:

Post a Comment